HOYS SKIS CONDITIONS OF HIRE & RENTAL POLICIES
All goods and equipment are hired subject to the following conditions:
1. HOYS SKIS Pty Ltd (herein after called ‘the Owner’) shall not be liable to either the Hirer or to any person using the goods or equipment (whether such alleged liability arises directly or vicariously or in any manner whatsoever) in respect of any personal injury or property damage or any other loss or damage whatsoever which may be caused by or contributed to by the goods or equipment or as a result any defect therein or malfunction thereof whether caused by negligence, breach of contract, or any other breach of legal duty or howsoever otherwise whatsoever.
2. The Hirer expressly acknowledges and agrees that:
a. the Hirer is aged 18 years or over and is legal capacity;
b. the goods or equipment are hired for the purpose of snow-based recreational activity;
c. the Hirer has inspected the goods or equipment and they are in good order and repair and are fit for the snow-based recreation activity;
d. the Hirer shall not use the goods or equipment for any purpose or in any manner inconsistent with the design and purpose of the goods or equipment;
e. snow-based recreational activity is inherently dangerous and participating may result in illness, injury or death;
f. the Hirer understands and accepts the risks of snow-based recreational activity;
g. the Hirer accepts all responsibility for any form of injury or damage that may be suffered by any third party who uses the goods or equipment during the hire period;
h. the Hirer shall inform any third party of these conditions but notwithstanding that the Hirer does not do so the Hirer shall be deemed to have done so.
3. In particular and without limiting the generality of Condition 1 hereof in any manner whatsoever the Owner shall not be liable to the Hirer or to any person using the goods or equipment in respect of any personal injury or property damage or any other loss or damage whatsoever which may be caused as a result of any negligence, breach of contract, equipment or the adjustment thereof or setting of any release or safety mechanism catch or system or any failure to give advice in relation thereto or any careless advice given in relation thereto or any failure to service or maintain the goods or equipment.
The Hirer shall indemnify the Owner and keep the Owner indemnified in respect of any claim action suit or demand whatsoever which may be made or brought against the Owner in respect of or in relation to or involving the goods or equipment in any manner whatsoever by any other legal person who was using the goods or equipment or who was personally injured or who suffered any loss and damage whatsoever by or from the goods or equipment in any manner involving the goods or equipment.
The Hirer shall return the goods or equipment on the date set on the face hereof in the same order and condition they were in when delivered to the Hirer and upon the Hirer so doing the Owner shall refund the Hirer any sum deposited as security set out on the face hereof.
6. In the event of the Hirer failing to comply with the terms of Condition 5 the Owner shall be entitled to charge from the security card representing the hire of the goods for the period until they are returned and the amount of any loss or damage suffered by the Owner as a result of damage to the goods or equipment and such right shall be without prejudice to any other legal rights the Owner may might have against the Hirer.
7. In the event of there being no security sum the Hirer agrees to reimburse the Owner for any loss or damage to the goods or equipment hired and the Owner shall have the right to charge the Hirer replacement value for any goods or equipment hired by the Hirer and not returned to the Owner on the date set out on the face thereof.
The Hirer agrees that any servant or agent or independent contractor or any other person whatsoever who acts on behalf of the Owner in connection with the hire of the goods or equipment in any manner whatsoever shall be entitled to the protection of and shall be able to rely upon conditions 1,2,3 & 4 hereof in the same manner as the Owner and the Hirer acknowledges that the Owner is the agent of the said servant agent independent contractor or other person for the purpose of entering into this agreement contained in this condition and/or that the Owner is the trustee of the agreement contained in this condition for the benefit of the said servant agent independent contractor or other person who is beneficiary thereof and that the consideration for the said agreement is the services performed by the said servant agent independent contractor or other person for the Hirer in connection with this hire.
REFUND, AMENDMENT AND CANCELLATION POLICY
EARLY RETURN REFUND
We do not refund for change of mind. Better to hire items for your desired minimum length of time and pay to extend than return gear early as you will not be refunded. Hoys are happy to extend your rental period at the discounted rate you received upon check out
Refunds will not be given for unused days in the middle of your hire period. Hire days are continuous.
Cancellations or amendments for any items booked online directly with Hoys Skis Pty Ltd must be made at least 48 hours before the first day of hire.
Refunds for online bookings will have the online Paypal fees deducted
Refunds are issued at the discretion of Hoys Skis
Medical certificates must be provided
Refunds, if agreed upon, will only be for the time period after equipment has been returned
Once you have completed the hire process and taken delivery of the goods and equipment Hoys Skis are not obliged to give a refund under any circumstances.
Refund requests must be submitted in writing to email@example.com & made within 7 days of hire period
EQUIPMENT COLLECTION | LATE RETURNS
Equipment can be collected from 2pm off mountain or 3pm on mountain before the first day of hire without charge. A minimum of 1 full day hire will be charged for equipment rental.
Equipment must be returned unused by 10am on mountain/ 11am off mountain the day after your rental contract ended (except snow chains) or incur a full day hire fee.
LOSS AND DAMAGE POLICY
Damage from misuse, skiing on roads, damage to top sheets from ski-to-ski contact will be charged at the discretion of the manager. Repairs start at $50.
Normal wear and tear are excluded from the damage clause.
|LOST / DAMAGED / IRREPAIRABLE ITEMS =||CHARGED AT THE FOLLOWING RATES =|
|Adult ski boots = $350||Adult snowboard boots = $350|
|Child ski boot = $150||Child snowboard boots = $250|
|Sport ski & binding = $400||Sport snowboard & binding = $500|
|Performance ski & binding = $700||Performance snowboard & binding = $600|
|Demo ski & binding = $900||Demo board & binding = $900|
|Rental walk boots – Adult = $100 / Child = $70||Demo board with Burton Step On set up = $1100|
|Rental poles = $40||1 broken pole = $20|
|Rental helmet = $75||Rental wrist guard = $40|
|Rental snowshoes = $250||Rental Toboggan = $80|
|Snow chains – start from $150 for 1 chain lost/broken||Snow chain lost/ damaged box = $20|